Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Intro

Greetings, and welcome to Updraft Weather (or UpdraftWx as you'll probably hear me refer to it in the future)!  After an 11-month hiatus from trying to run a weather blog because I couldn't find time for with school classes and all, I've decided that this is a good time to try it again.  The eleven months I've spent on hiatus included one of the worst tornado seasons (including some of the worst outbreaks) since 1950, and the first hurricane to impact the entire eastern seaboard since 2003.  Interesting how that works.  As the winter season sets in I'll probably try to write some reflective/post-event analysis posts about some of this season's events.  I'll be trying to update this blog at LEAST once a week (and not let a month go by without a post as I have previously) and using this blog as a tool to help shape my forecasting abilities.

On that note, I think it's a good idea to mention that I am NOT a college-educated or otherwise certified meteorologist, nor do I claim to be, and that information you find on this website should NOT be used as official information.  Please see the National Weather Service website for official forecasts, watches, warnings, and other information.

Thanks for reading!
-Ari Brown
Wednesday, 9 November 2011, 4:24 PM EST

No comments:

Post a Comment